I promise every post won’t be a recipe…but for now…enjoy these beauties! I found them on emilybites.com and they do not disappoint! Any Weight Watcher viewers? These gems are only 5 SP (smart points) each. They are definitely worth giving a try! I promise you won’t be disappointed.
Sweet Potato Casserole Stacks
- 2 Sweet Potatoes, sliced very thin
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 ½ tablespoons light butter, melted and divided
- 2 tablespoons lite breakfast syrup (I used Aunt Jemima Lite Syrup)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 5 teaspoons brown sugar
- 5 teaspoons chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 375°. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray and set aside.
- If not already done, slice the sweet potatoes very thin.
- In a small bowl, mix the oil with one tablespoon of the butter. Add in the syrup and vanilla. Mix well.
- Place the sliced sweet potatoes in a large bowl. Pour syrup mixture over top. Stir and toss slices until they are coated with the mixture.
- Stack the sweet potatoes in the muffin tin. (I found I could fit 5-6 slices per muffin).
- In another small bowl, combine all remaining ingredients (remaining butter, salt, flour, brown sugar and chopped pecans). Stir together until well blended.
- Divide the mixture over top of the sweet potatoes.
- Place the stacks in the oven and bake for approximately 45 minutes until the stacks are fully cooked.
- Let sit for 3-5 minutes before serving.