I love shrimp fried rice…it’s my classic go-to when we order Chinese take-out…that was until I found this recipe. Now when we want Chinese food, I whip up my own shrimp fried rice in a much healthier form!
(This pairs nicely with homemade Chicken Egg Rolls…I’ll be sharing those soon!)
Shrimp Fried Rice
- 3 tbsp butter, divided (I use I Can’t Believe it’s Not Butter)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/2cup frozen peas
- 2 or 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 bag medium shrimp (thawed and peeled)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 4 cups chilled rice (I use 3 cups brown, 1 cup white. It’s also best to make this the night before and keep in the fridge until you’re ready to use – it adds the extra sizzle in the pan)
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3-4 tbsp Soy sauce, I use low-sodium
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- Heat 1 tbsp of butter in pan until melted. Add garlic, onion, peas, and corn.Saute for about 3 minutes over medium heat.
- Add additional 1 tbsp of butter and add raw shrimp. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Saute until shrimp are cooked & pink (Generally 7-10 minutes).
- Adjust heat to high, and add the last tbsp of butter, stir until melted. Immediately add the rice, green onion, soy sauce, and sesame oil. Continue cooking for approximately 5-7 minutes to fry the rice. Mix all ingredients well. Remove from heat.